Canada’s First Whole Body 7T MRI Scanner
- August 23, 2016
Recently McGill university delivered Canada’s First whole body 7T MRI Scanner in Montreal Neurological Institute and Hospital. The new MRI Scanner will deliver clear images of the nervous system.
The new 7T MRI scanner manufactured by Siemens Canada. This new scanner is capable of taking high resolution images at pixel dimensions. The main features of new scanner is:
- More powerful functional MRI, which shows the localization of specific brain functions and how different brain areas work together.
- Detailed microstructural images that are of great value in the study of neurological disease.
- More sensitive characterization of biochemical processes in tissue throughout the body.
Amir Shmuel, one of the researcher of The neuro said, “ The 7T scanner makes it possible to image the structure and activity of the building blocks of the brain. Therefore, it allows a significant leap in our capacity to study the healthy brain and its malfunction in disease”. Recently 7T scanner has been approved for clinical diagnosis in the United states and Canada.
About us and this blog
We are a teleradiology service provider with a focus on helping our customers to repor their radiology studies. This blog brings you information about latest happenings in the medical radiology technology and practices.
Request a free quote
We offer professional teleradiology services that help hospitals and imaging centers to report their radiology cases on time with atmost quality.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Understanding the Challenges of Teleradiology in India January 19, 2023
- Benefits of Teleradiology for Medical Practices January 16, 2023
- Digital Transformation of Radiology January 2, 2023