Omega FluoroShield gets FDA Approval
- September 2, 2020
Recently, Omega Medical Imaging has got approval from FDA for its FluoroShield system which may use artificial intelligence to help limit radiation dosage. It is the first technology in the world that deploys machine learning to limit radiation.
FluoroShield system is the only system available to reduce dose during image therapy procedures. The newly developed FluoroShield system automatically aims the radiation beam across the area of interest.
The benefits of FluoroShiels system are:
- Good image quality which results in a reduced field of view and less exposure to harmful x ray.
- The tissues around the region are not exposed to radiation.
- The structure of FluoroShield system is that it can be sized and positioned in manual mode, which is generally limited to positioning about the centre of the image.
- Auto region of interest automatically follows the movement of devices, minimising distraction and input requirements for the operator.
The advantages of the new technology FluoroShield system includes:
- Superior image quality
- Lower radiation exposure to patients
About us and this blog
We are a teleradiology service provider with a focus on helping our customers to repor their radiology studies. This blog brings you information about latest happenings in the medical radiology technology and practices.
Request a free quote
We offer professional teleradiology services that help hospitals and imaging centers to report their radiology cases on time with atmost quality.
Subscribe to our newsletter!
More from our blogSee all posts
- Understanding the Challenges of Teleradiology in India January 19, 2023
- Benefits of Teleradiology for Medical Practices January 16, 2023
- Digital Transformation of Radiology January 2, 2023