Renal Scan Interpretation and Reporting
We pursue relationships based on transparency, persistence, mutual trust, and integrity with our employees, customers and other business partners.
We provide online interpretation and reporting of renal scans. The reporting will be done by nuclear medicine specialists from India and USA and reports will be delivered within 24-48 hours.
Renal scans are done to evaluate kidneys' function and anatomy. Procedures involve the injection of a radiopharmaceutical (Technetium 99m) which travels throughout the body to the kidneys and emits gamma rays which are detected by gamma camera to produce images which show detailed structure and function of kidneys’
Four types of renal scans can be done:
- Renal cortical scan to examine functioning of renal cortical tissue, scans are taken approximately 2 hrs after radiopharmaceutical injection.
- Renal perfusion and functional scan to examines blood flow to the kidneys, scans are taken 20 to 30 minutes after radiopharmaceutical injection
- Diuretic renal scan to examine blockages or obstruction of urine flow, scans are taken before and after the introduction of a diuretic (furosemide).
- ACE-inhibitor renal scan to examine any narrowing of the renal artery or arteries, scans are taken before and after taking an ACE-inhibitor (captopril).
As per the requirement the above mentioned procedures can be performed
Indications of renal scans are:
- Renal perfusion and function
- Urinary Tract Obstruction (Furosemide renal scan)
- Reno-vascular HTN (Captopril renal scan)
- Infection (renal morphology scan)
- Pre-surgical quantitation (nephrectomy)
- Renal transplantation
- Congenital anomalies/masses(renal morphology scan)
Tell us about your requirement
Let us help you get your nuclear scans reporting needs fullfilled